photo 0_a9de6_c1cf9cb6_-4-orig.png

Thanx to Andrey Lake Gladilin for permission to use this Lexx graphic!

Translate

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Lexxperience the fandom history through forums


Originally posted in the Lexxperience group on facebook and copied from tumblr

It’s nearly renewal time for LittleLexx.net, the “billbored” for Lexxians after the original Lexx.com forum, earliest date I can see on it is 6-10-04. I know there are other forums with loads of fandom history, but this bored is its own unique thing and I intend to financially support it as long as possible.
There was a mishap over the winter, the bored went on lockdown, and I have tried about 10 different ways to get a message through to admin, including email listed on the domain registration. This evening I used the ‘contact us’ form as a last resort.
I’m sharing this because, in the event that the domain owner info has changed, I may not be able to renew this next month, in which case domain will pass into expiry and might be removed from public access. The fees are due in a handful of very short weeks, so I wanted to let you guys know, just in case, that this might be your last chance to go visit what’s still left in salvage from the old archives. The mishap possibly wiped the newer stuff (or it might still be there, I’ve got a code tech guy on standby if I can ever get a message through), but there is still lots of fandom history there from 2004 to 2010.
Other older fan forums include-
Lexxverse at Lexxverse.com
LexxZone at Lexxzone.com
And of course Brian’s board at http://briandowney.proboards.com/
Thanx to a post made by scifisuzi in 2004, the history of the LittleLexx.net 'billbored’ is partially historically archived at http://littlelexx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237
LittleLexx.net was originally www.lexxfans.com after it was rescued from lexx.com.The forum kept being rescued BY FANS. All these years, fans have paid to keep this fandom history archived so it won’t disappear. Well, it’s been 12 years since the first rescue, from what I can see, and I really hope LittleLexx isn’t the last.
2016 is Lexx’s 20th #Lexxversary, and if you’re feeling at all nostalgic, there you go, loads of fandom history that still hasn’t disappeared yet. And there’s more! I’ve only listed the main forums that I was the most active in or read the most, I know there are more, and I would be delighted for fans to link them in comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment